After 5 weeks of Respecting Learning we are moving to I Respect Safety – We are waiting for which class will be first to say and sign the expectation. Thanks to the MSSN Team for helping all the students in the school with reporting on how to sign the expectations.
- I Respect Safety: Right place, right time
- I Respect Safety: Follow steps, solve problems
- I Respect Safety: Follow rules, follow directions
High Expectations from Students and Teachers – yes our Respects at MSS are for all of us!
It is an expectation at MSS that teachers teach and students learn our MSS Respects and expectations and take the time to, apply and consolidate these expectations. The MSS Behaviour Matrix is a good starting point to align the Respects and Expectations in the your classroom and around the school.
Last week has seen MSS going' Back to Basic's and consolidating on some of our tier 1/universal skills. The skills that we have been focusing on in non-classroom settings are
- All students out of classes without a staff member should have a movement pass – be it a pause card, their buddy class form or toilet tag.
- Walking with your class, should be a quiet, in an orderly line up (one or two lines is acceptable). Students should not be jumping up to hit the beams of the buildings or wandering through the gardens. If necessary leaving enough time to 'redo' walking from one place to the next.
- Students lining up, ready for learning after lunches. This will look different depending on veranda size and age group of students
As this week also starts our 'Back to Basics' it is the ideal time to go back to parts of the brain and how the brain works. This will be very helpful as we approach assessment and planning days not only for us but for your little people also. Tuesday afternoon will see all MSS teachers take part in a learning lounge to consolidate what Pause/Zone should look like in each classroom.
Respect & Collect Shop
In the last few weeks we have seen some of our students start to purchase from the shop while others are busy saving. Congratulations to all of these students and also our highest earns each week who are participating in Tricky Tuesday. We are waiting on a shipment of some new items and will have a new catalogue out once the stock arrives.