At Mareeba State School our focus on attendance isn't only narrowed down to physical attendance. Our dedicated Attendance Team use a range of strategies to suit our local community and school. These approaches include:
- Focus on teaching processes and support to improve student engagement at school
- Focus on administrative processes to assist in monitoring student absences
- Using IT systems to assist with alerting parents and carers of unexplained absences
- Allocating staff to work with students, families and external organisations
- Programs that involve students monitoring their own attendance rates
- Rewards for students with good and improved attendance
- Intervention strategies to assist students and their families with external support on attendance
We believe every student deserves the same opportunities to learn every day, in every classroom. We are committed to ensuring our students value their attendance as much as our staff and community. Our MSS staff provide rich, fun learning environments where all students can succeed and share their learnings. Teachers are developing ways to engage students in different ways of working, which is something our school will continue to invest in for 2022.
Absences do add up. Missing just two school days a month means a child misses 10% of the school year.
A shout out goes to 2D and 2B - currently sitting above the school target of 95% for their average Term 4 attendance so far.
The MSS 95-100% attendance celebration for Term 4 will be held on Tuesday 7th December. We hope to see as many students there as possible.
Every Day Counts at MSS
Attend Today - Achieve Tomorrow
- Nyree Burton (Deputy Principal) & Tracy Marcel (Family Liaison Officer)