Welcome to term 4. Before we know it holidays will be around again and we will be in new classes with new teachers for 2022. For the next 4 weeks we will be focusing on I Respect Me & You. This will look like students signing and saying the expectations that fall under this Respect.
I Respect Me & You
- Good manners, good choices
- Hands off! Feet off!
- Respect people property, places
Tricky Tuesday will continue this term with Ms Marda and Ms Deidre. Tricky Tuesday is for the student in each class who earned and banked the most PayWay during that week. This will start again in week 3 with results calculated from week 2.
Unfotunately due to ongoing issues surrounding the inappropriate use of Pokemon cards we have made the decision to ban the cards from school. This is also a reminder that bringing personal items to school is at the student's own responsibility and is not encouraged. Reintroducing the cards will be considered in the near future.
We have seen our first student receive 200 PayWay tokens! Ryker Rowe in year 3 opted to spend his PayWay on a soccer ball, portable speaker and some playdough for his little brother. Our School Captain, Lachlan Lovey went straight for the scooter. Congratulations to both of these students and all of our other students who are busy respecting and collecting.
If a student is having problems, the MSS steps to follow are:
- Playground issues need to be immediately reported to the staff member on duty in that area
- In class issues need to be reported to the classroom teacher who is teaching the class at that time
- If your student reports issues to you at home, the first point of contact is the classroom teacher
- All academic and/or learning concerns are directed to the classroom teacher
Please discuss with your child what this looks like at school. It may be different from school to home, but this is the MSS way and the discourse that MSS expects while at school and representing MSS.
- Cherene Trimble & The PBL Team