We have had a tremendous start to term 4 with students settling into routine quickly with calm classrooms and engaging teaching, learning and achieving on display. This term is a time for celebration and recognition as we prepare to farewell our Year 6 students embarking on their journey to high school, transition our newest learners (our 2022 Prep students) and take time to acknowledge the learning and progress each and every student has made this year.
Congratulations to our Artie attendance students who attended the Sugarworld fun day on Friday. We had 41 students attend from Mareeba SS and from all accounts the students had a fantastic time, all the while demonstrating our Respect 'Safety' and Respect 'Me and You' expectations throughout the day. A big thank you to Ms Fallon Patolo for organising this day as well as to the staff who attended with our students. Judging by the photo below I think they too had a great day!
Some of the key term 4 events include:
- 2022 Prep interviews occurring Wednesday & Friday this term
- Prep 4 Prep for our 2022 Prep families, 9.00 - 10.00am each Thursday starting this week with our Teddy Bear's Picnic
- Swimming on a Wednesday & Friday starts this week
- Whole School Step Up Day for students in Prep to Year 5 on Wednesday 1st December
- Year 4-6 Swimmming Fun Day - Friday 3rd December
- Prep to Year 3 Awards Ceremonies - dates to be advised
- Year 4-6 Awards Ceremony - 9.30am Thursday 9th December
- Year 6 Graduation - 12.00 - 1.30pm Thursday 9th December
- Year 6 Fun Day - Friday 10th December
- Semester 2 report cards will go home Wednesday 8th December
For the remainder of this year, our school wide expectations will continue to ensure a strong finish to the 2021 school year. During weeks 1-5, our school will focus on I Respect Me & You: Good manners, good choices, Hands off! Feet off! Respect people, property, places. A big congratulations to Lachlan Lovey and Ryker Rowe who both earned over 200 PayWays for consistently following our I Respect expectations. We look forward to other students earning PayWays and purchasing great rewards from the 'Respect and Collect' shop.
This week we recognise the importance to 'Take time for Mental Health' in-line
with the Queensland Mental Health week (9th - 17th October), by focusing on six simple actions we can take to improve our moods, build resilience and boost wellbeing. More information on ways to 'take time for mental health' can be found on the Queensland Mental Health Week website. At Mareeba SS our Wellbeing Committee is encouraging 'Random Acts of Kindness' this week. Sometimes the littlest acts can make all the difference.
Finally, over the holidays Mrs Doyle and her husband welcomed their little bundle of joy, baby George. Both Mrs Doyle and baby George are doing well. I know her year 4 class were very excited to hear this wonderful news and we look forward to a visit.