In Drama this term:
- Preps have been learning lots of concepts to music and movement. They learnt – left and right, opposites, fast and slow, colours, inside, outside, besides, above, below, in front of, behind, sideways, up and down, hopping, jumping, crawling and stretching. We also had plain old fun dancing to Justine Clarke's (Playschool) Watermelon song during which we learnt to sway our hips like in Island dancing as well as dance to Bob the Builder whilst dressing up in our hard hat. 😊
- Year Ones know how to dance, walk, talk and act like a robot. They acted out short plays about two robot families.
- Year Twos know how to act out 3 Little Pigs and all invented versions of it like 3 Little Fairies or 3 Little Puppies. They then acted out 3 Billy Goats Gruff and Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.
- Year Threes did a fabulous job of devising, rehearsing and acting out a drama of a Dreamtime story like The Rainbow Serpent or How the Sun got in the Sky.
- Year Fours learnt about endangered species and devised plays about how to rescue and save them.
- Year Fives devised, rehearsed and acted out a Fairy Tale which they had to change the name of. They also studied the elements of Fairy tales.
- Year Sixes learnt about Melodrama and How the Superhero always saves the victim from the villain. They too had to devise, rehearse and act out a short play of a made-up melodrama.
I've really enjoyed doing this subject with your children and they have really enjoyed dressing up, putting together costumes from our costume box and acting for an audience which was their class and me.