We are over half way through the term! As the weather heats up, assessments near and the anticipation of a new year and teacher draws closer, we have noticed an increase in students using their hands and feet to solve problems. This is mainly seen in the playground stemmed from students not agreeing on rules, rough play and for some students, not winning. MSS does not accept physical misconduct and students who engage in this type of behaviour will have consequences. The current focus expectation is Hands Off! Feet Off! But, that does not mean we forget any of the others.
Tricky Tuesday has been a highlight this term with every class in the school having a student invited to this event last week for the first time. It's great to see so many students earning and banking PayWay for their exceptional behaviour. Last week 2237 PayWay tokens were banked!
PayWay End of Year Process
If a student is having problems, the MSS process to follow is:
- Playground issues need to be immediately reported to the staff member on duty in that area
- In class issues need to be reported to the classroom teacher who is teaching the class at that time
- If your student reports issues to you at home, the first point of call is the classroom teacher
- All academic and/or learning concerns are directed to the classroom teacher
- Cherene Trimble, Head of Department-Behaviour