The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on all aspects of schooling including delivery of sport. Consistent with Queensland Government's updated Roadmap to easing Queensland's restrictions, the Department of Education is recommencing school sport activities.
This term during week 10, Mareeba State School will be holding an Athletics Sports Gala Day. Students will be involved in the following rotational events:
- Long Jump
- Moriarty Soccer Skills
- Shot Put
Our school needs to ensure that the Athletics Sports Gala Day is conducted in a safe, responsible and low risk manner that complies with the latest health advice.
As a result, the following points will be implemented:
- This will not be like our usual Athletics Carnival due to the Covid-19 pandemic and it will only be focused on participation of students.
- No spectators or parents will be able to observe the Gala Day. Mareeba State School has put in place COVID safe measures to ensure all students and staff are safe.
- Students are encouraged to bring along their own personal water bottle and hat. There is to be no sharing of water bottles or hats.
- Hand sanitiser will be located around the school for students and staff to practice hygiene before commencing each rotation event.
- Students and staff will follow a designated route when exiting and entering each rotation events to reduce co-mingling.
- The tuckshop will be operating as per usual.
- Please DO NOT allow your child to attend if they are SICK or UNWELL or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, or shortness of breath. If anyone is sick, they will be sent home from the school.
We thank parents in advance for helping keep our staff and students safe and well. Follow our Facebook page for photos!
Please do not hesitate to contact the school for further information or clarification.
- Michael Nielsen, Deputy Principal