It's celebration time – the 2020 school year is done! While it's time to sit back, rest up and enjoy a well-earned break, it's also a powerful opportunity for schools to take some time to reflect on the year it was and begin to consider the year ahead. This year has certainly been recognised for being unique but still, there is much to celebrate.
Congratulations to every student recognised at our annual years 4-6 awards ceremony yesterday. It was with privilege and immense pride that I was able to watch these amazing students receive their medallions, trophies and certificates for the hard work and dedication they have displayed throughout 2020. A special congratulation is extended to the students who received Dux Awards – Ashlee Fraser and Jay Ariotti.
And if our day yesterday couldn't have been any bigger, we also hosted our 2020 year 6 graduation. The old saying that as one door closes another opens rings true and for our year 6's, as the door to primary school swings closed, another world of opportunity awaits. Many thanks to Mr Michael Nielsen and Ms Carmel McFarlane for their organisation of this event. Today, our very lucky year 6 students are having an end of Primary school 'Fun Day' on the Tablelands.
To those families and staff we bid farewell, safe travels on your journey and all the very best in your future endeavours. To our families returning, and those joining us in 2021, next year will continue to be another rich and full year of learning and opportunity as we continue to focus on our Inclusive Education lens, empowering staff to support all students as learners with a sharp and narrow focus on:
- embedding Maths consolidations and transferring this knowledge to other key learning areas
- reviewing and refining the P-2 Reading system for consistency and student engagement
- building staff knowledge of the Australian Curriculum to optimise student engagement and outcomes
And as always, we will continue to:
- provide a differentiated approach to meet the needs of our diverse range of students
- commit to providing a safe, respectful and disciplined learning environment for all students, staff, parents and visitors with a focus on rewarding positive student behaviour
- serve the local community and as such, build and value relationships and support from parents, carers, agencies and businesses across the local and extended area
- review student intervention for Literacy and Numeracy
- differentiate coaching for our staff, building an expert leadership team of Instructional Leaders
Finally, a sincere thank you to the P & C, all our wonderfully supportive parents and carers and our dedicated school staff for another successful year. Enjoy a safe and happy break. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2021.