A massive congratulations to the families who have been engaging with the learning @ home materials either online or via the work booklets.
Our records indicate that there have been over 25,000 accesses made to the Mareeba State School virtual classroom online learning platform, and on average each week there have been 300 work booklets provided to families without computer or internet access for learning @ home to occur.
Last week, 180 of those work booklets were returned for marking. As you can appreciate this is a huge task in itself, marking and providing feedback for each and every students completed work, but our staff appreciate having these materials returned as they will help teachers to make student achievement decisions during assessment and reporting.
Below is the process currently in place for the marking of student work booklets that are returned:
- Booklets are returned to school 10am - 1pm via the Friday drive through service.
- Booklets are marked by a team of teachers who are not currently assigned to classroom teaching
- Once booklets are marked, they are returned to the student's usual class teacher so they can review the student's work and provide feedback to parents and students to further support learning.
- Teachers file the booklets to use as evidence pieces to support Semester 1 Assessment and Reporting requirements. Booklets will not be sent home until after Term 3 parent teacher interviews have occurred.
A reminder for our Prep and Year 1 parents: With the return of all Prep and Year 1 students, both the Prep and Year 1 virtual classrooms have now been deactivated and there will no longer be a weekly work booklet provided. Should you elect to keep your child at home, please contact the principal to discuss your options regarding learning @ home. Booklets for Prep and Year 1 children will not be provided at the Friday drive through service unless prior arrangements have been made with the school first. Access to the virtual parade can be found via Facebook.
- Tanya Neville (Deputy Principal Prep-1)